Entertainment, Food, Fun At The SCA Fair
The SCA Fair is scheduled for Saturday, May 5, rain or shine and SCA Fair cochairs Claudine Fini and Annie Yeung have put together a day of exciting games, rides, food and shopping that will satisfy everyone’s desires.
Participants who want to ride the numerous rides that are on hand can buy all-day ride bracelets online at www.BrownPaperTickets.com/event/3331350 up until Friday, May 4, at 9 p.m. All pre-sale bracelet tickets sales go directly to the Manhasset SCA. Daytime ticket sales go directly to the vendor, so take the opportunity to buy your bracelets in advance.
Attic treasures, books, toys and sport equipment drop-off will be collected under the Big Tent on Friday, May 4.
Bakery goods can be dropped off on Friday at 16 Forest Turn from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. or the day of the fair.
There is fabulous entertainment scheduled all day long. Come check out local, talented elementary school, middle and high school students performing everything from string, jazz and vocal to martial arts and dance performances.
Schedule Of Talent
- 10 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance performed by Monica DeCicco’s Munsey Park Elementary School kindergarten class
- National Anthem performed by Manhasset High School vocalist Ashley Huber
- 10:10 a.m. Munsey Park Jazz Ensemble led by David Van Boxel, director
- 10:25 a.m. Elementary School String Orchestra led by Samantha Goldberg, director
- 10:45 a.m. Shelter Rock Jazz Ensemble led by Joseph Capodicasa, director
- 11:10 a.m. Manhasset Middle School Jazz Ensemble directed by Hector Minaya
- 11:35 a.m. Shelter Rock Dancers directed by Allyson Weiss Begley and assistant Terry Zeitchek
- 12 p.m. Munsey Park Dancers directed by Paige Ketsoglou
- 12:20 p.m. Bach to Rock, Port Washington directed by Elana Hayden
- 12:40 p.m. Kwon’s Karate Studio directed by Master Kwon
- 1:10 p.m. Manhasset High: The Shirley Tempos directed by Mark Van Schenkhof
- 1:30 p.m. Manhasset High School Vocal Jazz Ensemble directed by Nancy Weiss
- 1:50 p.m. Middle School Strings directed by Kristin Benson
- 2:10 p.m. Manhasset High School Strings directed by Caroline Shyr
- 2:30 p.m. Manhasset High School Jazz Ensemble directed by Randy Knudsen
- 3:10 p.m. Conleys Martial Arts directed by Master Kevin Conley
- 3:30 p.m. School of Rock, Roslyn directed by Pete Scarlata