Two students from Manhasset Secondary School were selected by the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) to perform in the 2021 All-State Music Conference. Ten additional students were chosen as alternates.
Congratulations to the following:
• Connor Gibbons: Tenor 1,
• Dylan Wu: Cello, Symphony Orchestra
• Anjali Gauld: Soprano 1, Alternate
• Morgan Grygiel: Alto 1, Alternate
• Michael Ma: Jazz Guitar, Alternate
• Phaedra Panagiotidis: Soprano 2, Alternate
• Michael Phelps: Trumpet, Alternate
• Maxwell Rho: Viola, Alternate
• Katherine Stackler: Cello, Alternate
• Amanda Tepedino: Soprano 2, Alternate
• Lara Tsibelman: Flute, Alternate
• David Wong: Tenor 1, Alternate
All-State musicians are the top students from school music departments across New York.
The 12 Manhasset students are among the thousands who auditioned for the conference by participating in solo evaluation festivals last spring.
“Having these All-State students representing Manhasset is a result of outstanding music education they receive from the moment they set foot in our schools,” Dr. Christopher Hale Fine and Performing Arts Director, said. “We are incredibly proud of these students and all they have accomplished.”
The All-State Conference will take place in Rochester from Dec. 2-5.
—Submitted by Manhasset Public Schools