The Town of North Hempstead Building Department will be offering evening community-based office hours beginning late February. These sessions will give residents the opportunity to meet with the town’s new Applicant Advocate and have their questions or concerns regarding their application addressed. Residents who have not yet filed an application and have general questions are also welcome.
“These mobile office hours add greater convenience to the Building Department application process,” said North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth. “You can meet with our Applicant Advocate to receive an update on your permit application and have your questions answered. By bringing this service right into the community after office hours, it provides greater accessibility for our residents.”
The Applicant Advocate was hired at the beginning of January to provide residents with a more customer-friendly experience in the Building Department. The Advocate is tasked with assisting residents in navigating the permit process.
Upcoming Mobile Office Hours will be as follows:
• Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Ave.; Large Conference Room – Monday, Feb. 24 from 6 – 8 p.m.
• Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Rd.; Community Room – Wednesday, Feb. 26 from 6 – 8 p.m.
• Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Rd.; All-Purpose Room- Thursday, Feb. 27 from 6 – 8 p.m.
• “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden St.; Westbury; Monday, Mar. 3 from 6 – 8 p.m.
• Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Dr.; Hagedorn Room – Tuesday, Mar. 4 from 6 – 8 p.m.
• Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Ave.; Multi-Purpose Room- Thursday, Mar. 6 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
• Charles J. Fuschillo Park, Carle Rd. at Broadmoor La., Carle Place- Wednesday, Mar. 12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please bring any relevant information or documentation relating to your Building Department Application.
If you have any questions or would like more information on Mobile Office hours and the Applicant Advocate, please call 311 or 869-6311 when calling from outside the town.
— Town of North Hempstead