Date(s) - 05/15/2014
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Categories No Categories
co-sponsored by TCS Brotherhood, Our Lady of Fatima Parish and St. Peter of Alcantara Parish
Dr. Elena Procario-Foley “Vatican II and the Synagogue’s Continuing Importance to the Church”
* History of Catholic-Jewish relations since 1947.
* The rapprochement between the two faiths.
* How Europeans fought racism/antisemitism during the pre-war, the war and post-war years, and how their efforts helped the “birth” of Nostra Aetate at the Second Vatican Council.
* The importance of Judaism for Christian self understanding.
* The continuing fostering of Catholic-Jewish relations by religious and lay leaders of both faiths.
This event is free. Refreshments will be served.
RSVP and questions to Stanley L. Ronell, email@example.com, 516-883-3495